The full picture of content marketing in customer and business context with tons of resources to make you and your audiences succeed.
Content marketing is an umbrella term covering a set of strategies, techniques and tactics to fulfil business and customer goals by using the most relevant content to serve, attract, convert, retain and engage customers.
It is used across the customer journey and customer life cycle but doesn’t start nor end with the customer in the strict sense. Content marketing further serves several business functions in a consistent, integrated and continuous way. It looks at the customer from a connected perspective and takes into account the content requirements of anyone serving and engaging prospects and customers.
Table of Contents
- 1 Content marketing: what is it?
- 2 The many definitions of content marketing
- 3 What marketing goals can content marketing serve?
- 4 Content marketing strategy: making a plan
- 5 Organizing and managing content marketing
- 6 Getting content marketing done: roadmaps and steps towards success
- 7 Creating a content culture: identifying, capturing, managing and governing
- 8 Storytelling, content marketing and sharing
- 9 ROI, measurement and metrics
- 10 Content and different kinds of media
- 11 Content curation: overview, benefits, goals and tools
- 12 Content marketing and social
- 13 Digital content marketing
- 14 Content marketing and PR
- 15 More content success advice
- 16 Content marketing software
- 17 Does content + marketing = content marketing?
- 18 Content in marketing: a historical perspective
- 19 Video interviews: learn from the experts
- 20 External content marketing resources
- 21 The corporate blog: for many still the content hub
One of the goals of content marketing is to optimize business value and audience/customer value providing and leveraging the right content across the right channels in the most timely, valuable, connected, personalized and optimized way across and beyond the customer/audience life cycle.
This online guide provides an overview of what content marketing is, where it comes from, why it matters, how to get started and resources to succeed.