In the Summer of 2012 i-SCOOP organized two events with Brian Solis and Olivier Blanchard. In the Social Business Sessions, conducted under our Fusion Marketing Experience event brand, Brian tackled various topics in separate workshops.
In the evening Brian was also a keynote speaker at our annual Social Media Day event (an event we sold later). Olivier Blanchard was the moderator of the day, adding his social media and social business know-how in discussions with the audience.
In the workshops Brian discussed topics such as:
- The connected consumer & Digital Darwinism.
- Engagement & social & digital influence dynamics.
- The need to reconnect and become relevant again.
The Social Business Sessions in pictures. Images by Nancy Verbrugghe.
The social business workshops
Workshop 1: The connected consumer disconnect and your business
Are you trying to keep up with a fast changing market? Do you really listen to your customers? How disconnected are you? Do you want to react and follow? Or do you want to be proactive and lead? Brian explained the power of the connected consumer and what it means to your business.
Workshop 2: Reconnect, be relevant and adapt
It’s time to put the connected consumer back in the center of your universe and how to be relevant, listen and provide value. Earn back the trust of the consumer and involve them and other stakeholders. Brian showed some ways to adapt across your marketing and business activities.
Workshop 3: Putting your social business at work
Your business should be more transparent, agile and customer-centric. The speed of business has changed. You probably heard it a thousand times. But what about reality? How can you actually convince your executives? How can you implement the changes that are needed to succeed in today’s marketing and business world? How do you succeed with social business and social CRM? In the third workshop Brian shared his experience and explained what to do next.
Event reports and interviews
Below is a list of links to reports about the event and more related content.
- Brian Solis: the value of a Like
- Brian Solis: the Social Business Sessions interview
- Social (business) talk with international expert Brian Solis (external link).
- Pas je aan aan de connected consumer (external link, Dutch)
- Brian Solis over adverteren binnen earned media (external link, Dutch)
- The disconnect with the connected consumer (external link, Dutch)